Interested in the PDF version?
For bulk orders (26+) please call 202-349-2580.
Table of Contents and Introduction
Driving Strategic Planning: A Nonprofit Executive's Guide, Second Edition provides insight into the strategic planning process to help you clarify where your organization is going, how it's going to get there, and how it will know when it's arrived. We help you steer your organization's key stakeholders in the same direction with respect to priorities and long- and short-term objectives.
You’ll learn how to
- successfully obtain board support and participation
- engage the right stakeholders at the right times
- identify and manage the various phases in the process
- make planning a way of life in your organization
After reading this book, you’ll have
- clarity about what strategic planning is and is not
- an understanding of why it is important to have a strategic plan
- enthusiasm to begin planning
Driving Strategic Planning includes essential information on the definitions and benefits of strategic planning, the steps to successful strategic planning, the roles of the participants, and what the plan should look like when completed.
The appendices cover recruiting a strategic planning task force; methods of gathering input; sample trend analysis; sample vision priorities, goals, and actions; a worksheet for involving participants; a guide to choosing a strategic planning consultant; and a sample client-consultant agreement.
In addition, the accompanying downloadable content contains a presentation that will help chief executives explain the strategic planning process to their boards.